Monday, October 17, 2005

Watercolored Love

Watercolored Love
If I could paint a pink hued sky
I'd give the sky to you.
I'd wrap it up in cellophane
and help you wonder why.

I'd dip my brush in the sallow water;
drag it across the page.
And through this work of art, my dear,
I'd watch you come of age.

I'd drift across the tepid sea,
and paint a whale to ride.
We'd surf among the Osprey birds
and travel the countryside.

If I could paint a river, love,
the fish would be our friends
.
And cows would graze in pastures near
and your youth would never end.

If these hands were gifted child,
like the hands of others past,
I'd paint a world of bubble gum
and it wouldn't move so fast.

I'll paint for you what comes to mind,
the images in my soul.
Just know deep down, my sweetest one,
you make my world whole.

No comments: