Thursday, July 7, 2011

Customer Service?

I can be somewhat of a perfectionist...sometimes. And I have very high standards when it comes to customer service and hospitality. I know where both of these traits come from in my past, and sometimes-like when I'm cooking or working in an office-they help me.

These traits do not help me, however, when I'm standing in line at Duncan Donuts for over 10 minutes simply because two people aren't doing their job efficiently. I try to ignore it, to remember that life is too short to get worked up over such things. I try to imagine what it's like for them. But then I remember that these employees are not new and that they should know what to do. And I see how inefficient their production line is, even when it's "working". And I want to jump in and fix it, do it the right way and teach them how it could work better.

And when I finally do get to the front of the line, I get frustrated again because there is no eye contact, no greeting. I am herded in and out so quickly without a thank you or a smile. It's kind of ridiculous.

I fully understand that working for Disney ruined me. It's the curse that follows me around...smile and make eye contact, greet each and every guest, seek out guest contact...*sigh* It's not that hard, really...

On another note, women who wear shirts with decorative holes should really wear something under them. Especially at the workplace.

1 comment:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Amen that. And a "thank you" would be nice every now and then...