Friday, July 8, 2011

Full Price

This weekend Brian and I are traveling to New York. The main reason is that my Nana is turning 80 years old this year and we are attending her surprise party. Because we'd have to drive down the night before anyway, I suggested that perhaps we could go visit Brian's friends in Manhattan. So, Saturday afternoon we'll make our way down to the Big Apple and I'll get to meet some of Brian's friends.

This, of course, makes me nervous. I'm told I'm likable. I know this, but I always worry before these kinds of things. Will I fit in? Will they like me? What should I wear?

This one gives me a lot of anxiety, especially in the summer time. I'm not a huge fan of showing extra skin and it seems like every time I go shopping it's all I can find. Add in the fact that it's NYC and I started freaking out a little...I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard, but I don't want to look like a frump. I also want to be comfortable. I needed to go shopping. And luckily, my friend Jill was up for the challenge.

After work yesterday we made our way over to a shopping plaza that has an Old Navy, a Marshall's and a TJ Maxx. In an odd twist of events, I actually bought something at each store...most of which was at full price. (gasp!) I bought a pair of jeans, a tshirt, a cute bag, a top for Saturday and these:

Aren't they cute?? They have a small kitten heal, so they won't be uncomfortable to walk in. Just to be sure, I'm wearing them to work today. I'm quite happy with this purchase...and my tan! :)

How often do you buy things for yourself at full price?

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Retail therapy is good. Especially if it involves cute shoes like that. Love em!

I rarely find something on sale. But then I'm not much of a shopper for clothing -- no patience to search. I usually stealth in and buy (just basics)

Don't worry, his friends will LOVE you like we do!

Happy birthday to Grandma!!!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

How often to I buy anything for myself?

have fun in my city!

LceeL said...

You're kidding, right? I am married to the Coupon Queen of the World.

Don't worry about fitting in - you are FABULOUS.

Danielle A. said...

Rarely! I love Burlington Coat Factory, Savers, and the Old Navy/Kohl's Clearance racks.

B1 said...

Lucky for you I can't walk in kitten heels, Otherwise I might steal those cool shoes.