Monday, July 25, 2011

Wist Modification

I had to do some major Wist modification after my birthday party yesterday! I received so many nice presents from my family. In addition to the hiking boots Brian gave me, I got a sleeping bag, a watch (I feel all blinged out now!), a necklace, an electric wine opener (so cool!) and a music stand (so I can finally play my flute comfortably!). Life isn't about "stuff" and what you have, but I have to admit, it's fun getting "stuff"!

One of my very favorite gifts was from Brian. He made me a cake. Very few people make me cakes-in fact, it's been a very, very long time since someone baked me an actual cake for my birthday. Most of them comment about how stressful it is to make "the cake master" a cake. I get this. But at the same time, I don't give store bought cakes and it's nice to get a cake made with love in return....box mixes are OK with me! :) It's the effort, really...

So anyway, Brian plotted and planned and borrowed my cake decorating kit and banned me from the dining room (and the fridge, for a little bit!) because he was making me this:



The photo isn't the best because it was taken with my phone (I forgot my camera at home, so I couldn't download the real pictures-I'll do that later.). It's a campfire! He made me a campfire cake in honor of our upcoming camping weekend!! The candles went in the middle and made it look like it was really burning!

*sigh* :) He's the most wonderfullest boyfriend in the whole wide world. I'm still not entirely sure how I landed such a guy, but don't you worry-not a day goes by without me thanking God for him!

This week is going to drag...the plan is that on Thursday during the day Brian and I will go to the beach (because you know how much I love that!) and then we'll come home, get changed and meet some friends for dinner. The next morning, we'll wake up, drive to NH and camp until Sunday!!! The campground is on a lake, so more swimming will be involved, as well as canoeing, hiking, grilling, camp firing (hey, it had to fit into that sentence) and general outdoor enjoying...

I'm a very lucky girl...

2 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is the cutest cake. Marry this man!!!!!

Lisa said...

OK! :)