Thursday, August 11, 2011

How Much Kale...

...is too much? Because I ate a crap load of these babies after I made them last night:

Kale Chips


Before last night, I only ever had kale in soup. Hot, garlicky soup with white beans, chicken stock-a healthy and delicious way to use a green that not many people eat. But seriously-I think you might want to buy stock in kale, because I am now addicted. Last night I made kale chips.

Yes! Kale chips! Not only are the good for you, they are ridiculously (ridiculously) crunchy. AND super easy to make. And I. Am. In. Love. To make them, I first preheated the oven to 300 and washed and dried the kale with papertowels. With kitchen shears, I snipped the curly leaves off of the stems into somewhat bite-sized "chips". Most recipes I found require you to toss the kale in olive oil but I thought this would be too heavy and quite frankly, a little messy. And also, also, it would add calories. Instead, I used cooking spray. I lightly spritzed the leaves and then sprinkled them with kosher salt. I probably used about 1 teaspoon for both trays. After about 20 minutes, the leaves were dry and crispy...and DELICIOUS!

Seriously-I ate about a tray of them. I worry about what my stomach will do to me today...

No comments: