Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching Up

Wow. It's been a while. Again...

I try to be so good and I try to make lists in my head about things I want to blog about. Once I even sent myself a text with a list of funny things I could put in a random post. Of course, I never got around to it. Which is too bad, because it was, as I said, funny.

We've done so many fun things, too. I was going to blog about the Italian street festival we went to where we hit almost every food booth along the way sharing hot, greasy Italian food until we were stuffed. I was going to post a picture of both of us wearing the cool hats we bought, 2 for $20...

I took pictures and thought of a fun post to write about when we drove to Foxboro to see Brian's older brother's band play at Toby Keith's bar. That was fun night. We drank beer from what seemed like 10 gallon mugs and got to go back stage to hang out with the band between sets. I marvelled at how cool Adam is, and how funny it is that they are all so alike, but also, so different.

We've gone to the movies, had dinner with friends, been to a christening (Brian in church!), took a friend sailing for 45 minutes because we got poured on, got rained out for camping (and therefore stuck inside all weekend) and planned our vacation in October.

As for me, I've been in and out of pain, yet again, from my fall. This week has been hard and I'm quite frustrated that I am still having problems. I've gained back some of the weight I lost last year which is very depressing and I feel horrible about myself. But when I work out on the level I need to in order to lose weight, I pay for it for two days after. I don't see it getting any better and this makes me sad. I was doing so well with my weight loss and started feeling less like a fat girl and more like someone who was changing. I'm back to feeling like everyone is looking at me because I'm disgusting. Whether it's true or not, it's how I feel and I hate it.

I did get hit on in the grocery store this week though. Which was funny in itself because I was literally just thinking about how happy I am that I have Brian and I was excited because he was coming home early from work and we'd have the night to spend together. And bam! Hit on. And I don't do well with overt flirting let alone a direct hit-I started laughing and sweating and had to walk away quickly. Not the smoothest retreat, but what do I care? I went home to Brian, who smiles at me and laughs when I am dorky like that.

I am constantly amazed that he loves me and that we found each other. In a pool hall. On a random night where neither of us were going to go out and neither of us was thinking of finding someone...the one. And bam! The one.

Kinda crazy.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Life is kinda cool about things like that. Enjoy the good. It looks great on you! Hugs!

Marilyn said...

You are so awesome. Funny how when things are great there's less time for blogging. While I don't want to miss your posts, I hope things stay like that for you.

Desert Songbird said...

That's when it happens, though, Lisa. I found my husband that way. It was only a few months after my divorce, and I absolutely, positively did NOT want to find "someone." And yet.......there he was. You can't predict it.