Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Florida 2011: Part 1

Last week Brian and I went on vacation to Florida. We stayed with my family at their timeshare in Lake Buena Vista, about 5 minutes away from Walt Disney World (aka, my happy place). The resort has four pools and tons of hot tubs, but we spent more of our time at the "Super Pool" because of it's location along with the gigantic hot tub. Seriously, it's huge.

We couldn't have asked for better weather in the beginning of the week. Sunny, with highs in the low 80's and no humidity! It was beautiful. We spent the first few days by the pool just relaxing and having fun.

On Monday, my good friend Mo came to visit for lunch. It's always good to see his smiling face and I really enjoyed introducing him to Brian and to the rest of my family who has heard so much about him. There's never enough time to visit with everyone I want to see when I'm in Florida, but I'm happy that Mo's schedule allowed for our lunch date.

My youngest sister has a boyfriend who we joke is also Brian's boyfriend because they get along so well. Before the trip, we made jokes about how much fun the two of them were going to have together and that we might get left out. This picture was taken after I took their bathing suits out of the dryer...

Hooked by the belts! Aaaaahhhhh!


Tuesday night was Jeremy's birthday (my sister's boyfriend). We called a cab and made our way to Howl at the Moon in Orlando-a dueling piano bar with lots of energy and good drinks. While we were waiting to get in to the bar a woman called me over to her table. She had a business card in her hand and had it stretched out to me, so I walked over, thinking she was going to give us a card for a free drink. Then she asked me to sit down and I thought she was hitting on me. Turns out, she was a psychic. She told me I was giving off a "very good vibe" and had a nice "aura" and I should sit down because she had "something good to tell me". I laughed and told her my life was awesome and I didn't need to hear anything she had to tell me and walked away.

Later that night, after a few drinks, I told asked my sister what she thought it could be-the something good-and said that I kind of wanted to know. Looking back now, I remember my sister ducking her head and saying that she didn't know...because in truth, she DID know!

I know not many of you believe in this stuff, but I do, and I find it extremely exciting that the psychic called out to me in a parking lot to tell me that something good was about to happen to me...on the eve of the day I was to be proposed to! Pretty cool.

So the night progressed and drinks kept flowing and...let's just say, it was a very fun night. At one point, I was singing "Brown Eyed Girl" into an invisible microphone. In the bathroom. Alone.

My boyfriend and I at Howl at the Moon. 10/25/11


No idea...but this was the end of the night.


We didn't get to bed that morning until 3:30am and we had to get up early (8am, I think) to get to the Magic Kingdom when it opened. When I walked into the kitchen I found this note from my littlest sister:

Clearly, so thought I would need some tummy medicine after our excursion...but I didn't, thank God!! After some breakfast, I was good to go. Which was a good thing, because, well...that "something good" was just around the corner....

4 comments:

Mo said...

So happy to have spent time with you and that I got to meet Brian.
And looking forward to the next post, even though I am already smiling about your news!

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Sounds like a great time!!! Can't wait to hear "the rest" of the story. :)

Jean said...

Still smiling!

Desert Songbird said...

Heartiest congratulations!