Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Florida 2011 Part 2

I woke up with no idea that Brian was going to propose to me in a few hours. Now, I did hope that this would be the case, but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I put it out of my mind. Instead, I focused on the fact that I was about the spend the day at my happy place with the love of my life.

Looking back again, I realize that Brian kept mentioning how much he wanted to go to the statue in front of the castle. I didn't really think anything of this at the time, but now I remember how many times he said it, which was a lot. I guess he was worried I'd breeze past the castle and foil his well crafted plan!


Getting closer...


When we finally made it to the statue Brian gave me a hug and gazed at the castle. Then he walked around behind the statue and stood there for a moment, then took me into his arms. We stood there for what seemed like 5 minutes (but really is was about a minute or two). I gave him these few minutes to look at the castle because he hasn't been there in a while, and I thought he was just taking in the moment. Finally though, I had to ask him, "Are you ready?" to which he replied, "Yes."

That's when I knew he was going to propose. It was just the way he looked at me-I knew. With me still wrapped in his arms, he told me he loved me. Then he told me again how much he loves me and asked me to marry him! Of course, I said YES!!!!!! We hugged and kissed and took in the moment and then went and had our picture taken immediately after.

We don't have a formal engagement ring yet, but Brian didn't want to propose without a ring, so he searched and searched and found this:

Isn't that the cutest thing ever? He wanted to find something very unique and special and I think he really hit the nail on the head. If you can't see it clearly, it's Mickey proposing to Minnie!

We took the day to just enjoy being engaged which meant being extra lovey dovey. Every now and then we'd look at each other and just beam because it was now "official". It was such a lovely day.







In fact, it was the best day EVER. I have thousands (literally) of happy memories at the Magic Kingdom, but this, by far is the best. Major kudos to Brian for waiting to ask me until we were there, on Main Street USA, alone together. It couldn't have been any more perfect. And I couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Jean said...

How sweet! Sounds like the perfect beginning to a wonderful life together. Congratulations to you both!

Melisa Wells said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. And it was SO sweet for him to propose to you at your favorite place on earth! :)

Mo said...

So happy for you both!

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

I so totally teared reading this! What a special day in a such a magical place! You couldn't have asked for a better proposal! Great job Brian!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! We're very excited and happy!