Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trickling In

Did you know I'm getting married? ;)

People at work are slowly starting to hear the news which is fun for me because I get to talk about how it happened and what we've planned so far over and over again. (I really mean that it's fun, I'm not being sarcastic!) I can't wait to share our wedding site with friends and family. I think it's going to be fun to see what people write in our guest book and what songs they suggest for the reception.

I just got a delivery from David's Bridal. It was a necessity for trying on dresses in two weeks. :)

So, back to the people at work...there is one lady whose daughter recently got married who came over to chat with me yesterday. It was a pleasant enough conversation but I got the feeling she was checking to see if my wedding was going to be nicer than her daughter's wedding (it will be!). She kept making faces when I told her that we're not having a bridal party, not hiring a DJ, not worrying about tons of flowers all over and not hiring a limo. She scoffed when I told her that I didn't care if our father's get tuxes that match. I found all of that amusing...and then she asked me how much we're paying per person.

Tacky. Horribly tacky...who does that? It's not like we're best friends-in fact, I wouldn't call her a friend at all, not even a work friend. I just couldn't believe that she asked that. Am I crazy?

Right now I'm trying to think about what I am going to wear on Sunday for our engagement photo shoot. We decided to be informal so we're wearing jeans and sweaters, but exactly what sweater I'll wear is a mystery to me. I know it's not a big deal, really, but these pictures are being sent to all of our guests on our save the dates...and I want to look good!! I have some rummaging around to do before Sunday.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Pay Nosy Nancy no mind. It's none of her business. What I like most about today's weddings is that they are more reflective of the couple, rather than being proper.

I know there's still tons of "old school" folks out there... but it really boils down to two people at one particular moment in time...

Jean said...

... and what i mean my proper is all that old school crap....

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I found this place again...after going to your old home because I am writing a post for tomorrow and you came to mind.

This is such wonderful news Maggie...I am elated and then i am sad that it took so long for me to find out because we lost touch...

and that is the subject of tomorrow's post...

That woman at work? I would have said something outrageous like $300.00/person! Let her choke on that

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Oh and the post I referred to will be Friday as I almost missed Dad's birthday tomorrow! HA!

Desert Songbird said...

*laughing at Vinny's comment" Yup, $300/person sounds about right. :-D