Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Website Madness

I'd like to share with you some of our engagement pictures by Kerri Nelson of 1026 Photography.

This is one of my very favorites. Taken in Beacon Hill, Boston



We arrived first and were waiting for Kerri; she snuck up on us! :) Taken at Piers Park, East Boston.


I love everything about this but my jacket (twisted) and my hair was tucked funny! (It was windy!) Taken in Piers Park, East Boston


Another of my favorites-I love how Bostony it is. Taken in Beacon Hill, Boston


The thing about wedding planning is there's always another new idea...always a better idea. It's fun for me to cruise around the internet looking at wedding blogs and pictures of real weddings on The Knot. I love imagining how it will look and feel in September when it's our wedding and dreaming about how much fun we're going to have. But it's mind boggling to see that no matter how creative I think I am being, someone has already executed the idea.

At first, I was a little sad about that. I love when people associate us with creativity and think we're a little off the beaten path. But then I realized that even though our wedding won't be totally unique and innovative, it WILL be our wedding. So no matter what happens or doesn't happen, no matter what ends up on our tables or in our hands, it doesn't matter. Because we'll be celebrating (and cementing) our love for each other in front of our favorite people. And that's pretty freakin' awesome.

This holiday season I was struck with the fact that this was the last year I will be Lisa D. Of course I'll always be Lisa D., but my last name will be different and that's really exciting to me. I know it's not necessarily the most modern thing in the world to do, but I can't wait to share Brian's last name.

As 2012 approaches, I am beginning to think about the smaller details of our day like how I'll wear my hair and what the cake should look like. I think I've narrowed it down to two hairstyles, one of which is up, the other is half up, half down. I want it to be fun and a little funky...but of course, I have lots of time to decide and I'll figure it out during my hair trial this summer. And I won't post pictures because Brian reads this blog and we both want him to be surprised. :)

2012. I can't believe it. Our lives are on the verge of changing so drastically, and yet, not at all-if that makes sense. We have big plans, my fiance and I, and I'm excited to see what becomes of us.


And now, to share the ugliest cake I've come across on wedding sites so far:


WHAT were they thinking?

7 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Are those Milk Duds on that cake????

Pretty pics! Yay!

Lisa said...

I thought that too, but they're not shaped right. And also, there are little ones. Ick-they remind me of skin tags. Gross.

Linda said...

Even though a lot of the things that you've been thinking of doing for your own wedding may have been executed by someone else, keep in mind that chances are very, very good that for those people who are attending the celebration of your big day that whatever you do, it will probably still be unique to you and Brian and new to your guests as unless it's all the rage - and I don't see you as being a crowd follower in that respect it all - it will probably be the first time your guests have ever experienced it. I hope that makes some sort of sense being the run-on sentence that it is!

Lashetta said...

- That pic of you two looking out into the water is even cuter now that I know it wasnt posed.
-That cakes makes me want to throw up.
-Can you email me the pics of the hair you are thinking of? lol
-Im not sure if I asked- Are you making your cake?

Lisa said...

LOL Lash-I knew you'd say that about the cake!

Pictures emailed...tell me what you think!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

2012 is going to be so very cool for you and Brian... so thrilled for you

and that cake... No freakin way!

Lisa said...

Oh, and Lash, no-I'm not making the cake.. It's included in our wedding package...otherwise, I probably would have!